Fun things only sewing lovers would like.
After going through all of the recent Quilt Market posts in blog-land, I have to admit...I've got major fabric envy. So I decided to do a li...
This article is written by team member Melissa of EcoArmoire, who had the opportunity to go to Quilt Market this past week in Houston, TX. H...
I don't know about you, but I always struggle trying to get good Halloween photos come trick or treat time. So I reached out and asked some ...
I was watching a Daytime TV show yesterday while in the nail salon, and they had a cute little skit called 'Manslation'. Sure, they were usi...
Loads of sewing DIYs, all in once place.
I was going through my Halloween content recently, when I realized...holy smokes - I have made a BUNCH of Halloween crafts over the years! Like way more than I ever thought I would, considering costume sewing used to be one of my least faves. But between the blog, and other companies I work with that look for Halloween content each year, it starts to pile up[...]
Breastfeeding. It's everywhere lately. Whether it is seeing the video of Olivia Wilde dumping breastmilk on her head, hearing about how Anthro kicked out a breastfeeding Mom, or seeing a picture of Giselle breastfeeding her daughter via Instagram, it is all over my Social Media pages. Breastfeeding Awareness week was the first week in August, and the celebs [...]
Bright green pecans are growing abundantly on our tree, which means fall is just around the corner. One of my goals for this year was to sew more for myself, and what better way to do that than to add some key pieces to my fall wardrobe. These patterns include some essentials to spruce up any closet, so I hope you find some fall inspiration here yourself. [...]
Make this Look
Patterns sewn recently, and other inspirationalal ideas for what you can make.
This past week I had some time to sew up the Ash Jumpsuit pattern by the awesome Celina Bailey of Petit à Petit & Family. Did you know that this pattern was also offered as separates? That's right! You can turn this adorable jumpsuit into a top and pants set, making it completely appropriate for Fall / Winter. I was all over it like white on rice. I [...]
Hello Sewing Rabbit readers! Today I want to share with you two of my latest creations I have made using the amazing Five and Ten Designs - Volume Two pattern block. Jackets and outerwear are probably my most favorite thing to sew, so once I saw the new Volume Two release I knew I had to get my hands on it! It was time to sew a jacket...or two or thre[...]
Sometimes all you need is a simple pattern to get you going. The simple blouse pattern by Jessica of Running with Scissors is exactly that. Classic lines with a fantastic fit, for stylish elegance. I had the chance to sew one up last week, with this gorgeous silky fabric that I purchased on sale at my local fabric store. I chose to sew the basic pattern, [...]
Who is writing all of this?
Check out the main authors of the Sewing Rabbit.
- Jess Abbott the Sewing Rabbit is the founder and creative director behind the sewing rabbit blog, as well as SewSet.com, 5 & 10 Designs, and co-editor in chief of STYLO magazine. She resides in Virginia Beach with her husband and 3 children. Website: www.sewingrabbit.com
- Author of Lexi Made, Alexia is a professional photographer and has been sewing for a little over a year. She currently resides in Utah with her husband, and 3 beautiful children. Website: www.leximade.com
- Author of Sew Country Chick, Justine loves to update her 100 year old farmhouse in couture style. She currently resides in California with her husband and three children. Website: www.sewcountrychick.com
- Founder of Modern Handcraft, Nicole has a passion for quilting. Working as a part time flight attendant, she has learned to perfect the art of 'crafts on the go'. She currently resides in Chicago with her husband and son. Website: www.modernhandcraft.com
- Founder of EcoArmoire, Melissa has a passion for all things eco-friendly and sustainable, which comes out in her sewing. From women's, to children, to men's, to entire wedding parties - Melissa does it all! Website: www.ecoarmoire.com
- Author of the blog Sewing Mama RaeAnna, this awesome Mama has a passion for sewing for her children. RaeAnna also teaches piano to children, and resides in Nashville with her husband and 2 children. Website: www.sewingmamaraeanna.com
- Author of Girl Like the Sea, Tara calls her sewing style modern, quirky, nerdy, whimsical, striped, and sometimes irreverent. A professional hair-stylist, this sewing mama currently resides in Virginia with her husband and 3 kids. Website: www.girllikethesea.org
- Author of daisies and dresses, Bernadette has been crafting ever since she could hold a pair of scissors. She also runs a successful Etsy shop, where she sells all of her handsewn goodies. Website, www.daisiesanddresses.blogspot.com