Fun things only sewing lovers would like.
Knowing how to sew has become a lost art. So much so, that whenever someone hears for the first time that you indeed have this talent the re...
I remember back when I was living in Germany and teaching myself how to sew, I couldn't have done it without my computer. I was using all...
Loads of sewing DIYs, all in once place.
Bright green pecans are growing abundantly on our tree, which means fall is just around the corner. One of my goals for this year was to sew more for myself, and what better way to do that than to add some key pieces to my fall wardrobe. These patterns include some essentials to spruce up any closet, so I hope you find some fall inspiration here yourself. [...]
I have a confession. I am addicted to scarves. I kid you not, when I see a pretty scarf at the store I just cant help myself. They are the perfect accessory in my opinion! Throw one on, and it instantly adds color to any wardrobe. It can brighten up your face, turn a humdrum outfit into something fabulous, and hide all sort of problem areas. Not to menti[...]
The Fall Collection has finally come to a close, and I couldn't be more proud of my team. This was the first Sewing Rabbit Collection in which it wasn't just all of my tutorials - but rather we pulled together collectively as a team and really brought something special. It was a lot of work for all involved, and I want to say a special thank you to each an[...]
Make this Look
Patterns sewn recently, and other inspirationalal ideas for what you can make.
I am obsessed with tribal fabric lately. After finding this one in my local store's clearance bin, I snatched it up like I was running through a sample sale. It was MINE! Mine, mine, mine. The only problem was, I only had about 1/2 - 3/4 yard to play with. Not enough to make something fabulous for myself, juuuust enough to eek out something for the kids. [...]
I was totally inspired when I saw the featured photo courtesy of Vanity Fair. Throw a tank underneath it and you are good for daytime, cover up with a sweater when it gets cooler at night. They are calling it Spring fashion, I am saying - let's bring that bad boy into late Summer / early Fall with us. Shall we? Make or Buy this Look Wide Neck Sweats[...]
Has anyone else noticed the explosion of Fedora Hats in kids photographs? I love it. As my good friend Alida says, we are Fedora enablers. Lol. I blame it on the awesome Style that Kid eBook that helped us all start to add more 'props' into our photography. With my kids wearing their straw fedoras all Summer long, I thought it was the perfect time to pu[...]
Who is writing all of this?
Check out the main authors of the Sewing Rabbit.
- Jess Abbott the Sewing Rabbit is the founder and creative director behind the sewing rabbit blog, as well as SewSet.com, 5 & 10 Designs, and co-editor in chief of STYLO magazine. She resides in Virginia Beach with her husband and 3 children. Website: www.sewingrabbit.com
- Author of Lexi Made, Alexia is a professional photographer and has been sewing for a little over a year. She currently resides in Utah with her husband, and 3 beautiful children. Website: www.leximade.com
- Author of Sew Country Chick, Justine loves to update her 100 year old farmhouse in couture style. She currently resides in California with her husband and three children. Website: www.sewcountrychick.com
- Founder of Modern Handcraft, Nicole has a passion for quilting. Working as a part time flight attendant, she has learned to perfect the art of 'crafts on the go'. She currently resides in Chicago with her husband and son. Website: www.modernhandcraft.com
- Founder of EcoArmoire, Melissa has a passion for all things eco-friendly and sustainable, which comes out in her sewing. From women's, to children, to men's, to entire wedding parties - Melissa does it all! Website: www.ecoarmoire.com
- Author of the blog Sewing Mama RaeAnna, this awesome Mama has a passion for sewing for her children. RaeAnna also teaches piano to children, and resides in Nashville with her husband and 2 children. Website: www.sewingmamaraeanna.com
- Author of Girl Like the Sea, Tara calls her sewing style modern, quirky, nerdy, whimsical, striped, and sometimes irreverent. A professional hair-stylist, this sewing mama currently resides in Virginia with her husband and 3 kids. Website: www.girllikethesea.org
- Author of daisies and dresses, Bernadette has been crafting ever since she could hold a pair of scissors. She also runs a successful Etsy shop, where she sells all of her handsewn goodies. Website, www.daisiesanddresses.blogspot.com